There are many ways for employers and allies to get involved
More employers are including stuttering related activities in their diversity and inclusion and talent acquisition programmes. Examples of where 50 Million Voices can help include:
- Practice Interview events
- Short education sessions for example as a 'lunch and learn' or 'fireside chat'
- Talent attraction / recruitment workshops
- Mentoring programme workshops
- One-to-one mentoring for colleagues who stutter
- Talks, expert panels or guests for podcasts
- One-off Practice Interviews
You might be a colleague, relative, therapist, have stuttered when younger, or simply be curious about stuttering - as one of the 99% of people who don't stutter you have a vital role to play in creating stuttering-friendly workplaces.
As well as being an ally or career sponsor for a colleague who stutters, examples of ways in which allies are involved in 50 Million Voices include:
- Practice interviewers
- Champions for stuttering
- Writing a blog
- Recording a video
- Supporting us on social media
- Participating in fundraising
Through our global network we can help employers and allies connect with stuttering leaders in several countries.
Resources in each country vary but typically include some, if not all, of the following:
Awareness and education about stuttering at work:
- Talks and workshops
- Written guides
- Advice on workplace adjustments
- Best-practice workshops for recruiters
- Practice Interviews for people who stutter
- Practice Interviews for interviewers who don't stutter
- Mentoring for employees who stutter
Please also refer to Practice Interviews.